Skip to main content

Mercy Johnson: Why I Can’t Play Romantic Roles In Movies Again

Nollywood Actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie Explains Why She Stopped Acting Love Roles
Mercy Johnson: Why I Can’t Play Romantic Roles In Movies Again

Nollywood actress and super star Mercy Johnson-Okojie has revealed that she can never take up a romantic role in movies anymore.

She spoke on GoldMynetv recently during an interview on her new movie, “The Legend of Inikpi.”

Johnson-Okojie said age is telling on her and that it was better to leave such romantic roles to younger girls in movies.

When asked: “Are you open to playing roles that require getting Romantic with another actor on set?”

She replied: “Age is telling on me, I just calculated that if I had to do that, what the younger girls will do? When you go past a certain level, you try to go above that level to do better.

“You don’t need people to tell you what is right or wrong. For me, I just felt I have gone past that level, I am answerable to many people, my husband, my kids; my daughter’s getting older and she gets hold of my phone, she begins to Google-search.

“Kids are very inquisitive and I don’t want them to question me in anyway or have something in their mind. I don’t think I want to do that.

“My sense of maturing and judgment is better now and I now know better; the errors I have made in the past are things that I would not do now, some of the choices I have made in the past are things I would not do now.”

She also spoke of her challenges of combining the home front with her career.

According to her, “It is challenging, it is not easy for anyone, what has always worked for me is putting everything on a scale of preference, God first, family, then work. God has to be settled and settle the kids and my husband. My home front has to be stable before I go anywhere, if not, nowhere.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Ouellet says three out of 10 priests refuse to be a bishop

Cardinal Ouellet says three out of 10 priests refuse to be a bishop Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect of the Congregation for the Bishop, states that proportion of priests declining to be bishops has tripled in 10 years Wearing the mitre is not what all priests want. On the contrary, more and more of them refuse the episcopal ordination when offered to them. According to Cardinal Marc Ouellet, prefect of the Congregation for Bishops responsible for appointment and management of bishops, about three out of 10 priests refuse when asked to be a bishop. This proportion has tripled in a decade, says the Quebec cardinal. "Perhaps it is because they do not feel capable, lack faith, have difficulties in their lives and prefer not to risk harming the Church," the prefect explained to Spanish Catholic newspaper  Vida Nueva. "It is for various reasons that are respectable," he continues, clubbing this phenomenon with the "general crisis of faith." Nevertheless, the numb...

N28million Worth Of Marijuana Seized By NDLEA In Ondo

N28million Worth Of Marijuana Seized By NDLEA In Ondo The Ondo State Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Tuesday said it had seized a total of 14.3 tonnes of Indian hemp in the state. The Federal Government agency also stated that two persons Ohimai Ayodele and Ojeagbese Asabiya have been arrested in connection with the crime. The commander of the NDLEA in the state, Mr. Haruna Gagara, stated this while speaking with journalists at the headquarters of the command in Akure, the state capital. According to him, the joint task force of the agency in Ondo, Edo and Osun states, in collaboration with the men of the Nigeria Army, went for the operation last week and were able to recover bulks of cannabis in some towns and villages at the boundary of Edo and Ondo states. Dagara noted that all the cannabis seized in the area had been destroyed and burnt, adding that the development was part of the outcome of the ‘Operation Thunder Strike IV,’ which launched in the state last ...

The Adelekes Family Photos: Davido AndHis Siblings Pictured With Their Kids And Spouses Lifestyle News

Household Pictures are an important a part of our lives. Our youngsters develop up so rapidly that we typically overlook to seize these moments when they’re nonetheless younger. The next Adeleke’s household images will present you ways stunning Household Pictures over generations may be and the way wonderful it could possibly create these particular reminiscences. The Adeleke household all wore matching outfits as they posed for brand spanking new household images. The picture shoot included Davido’s father Adedeji Adeleke, his children, together with Davido , and their spouses. Chioma, Davido’s fiancee, who simply gave beginning was absent. The grand children had been additionally current within the picture, together with Davido’s daughters, Imade and Hailey. See extra images of the Adelekes beneath. By Sally READ SOURCE REPORT